Monday, May 22, 2023

14 Henrietta Street

We were invited to 14 Henrietta Street for Drawing Day, and about 10 of us Dublin Sketchers made it and had the privilege to sketch in this wonderful museum, which is not normally accessible to us, due to the delicate nature of the exhibits. There was limited space, but we all found a spot that we liked and quickly set to work. No watermedia were allowed, so I brought a few markers and pencils on top of my usual fountain pen. 

The top left sketch is part of the fireplace in the kitchen. I didn't get to finish it, but I got so lost in drawing it, time flew by. 

The main sketch was then the door and the prams and bicycles in the children's room (though it probably wasn't the actual children's room, which I'm sure was on the top floor of the house at the time). I drew rough shapes in markersm, then added more detail in black ink. Again, I lost track of time, and I had to go! I would love to go back there again, and spend more time sketching the stairs and the lovely rooms on all the floors! It's a big house!





No comments:

Post a Comment