Wednesday, October 04, 2017

Yoga For Sciatica - Yoga With Adriene

It doesn't all have to be about painting. Although this is somewhat related. I hurt my back a few weeks back. I still think it all started with dancing at a wedding in Donegal at the end of August! I do jump a lot when I dance. I grew up in the "Come on Eileen" era after all! I don't dance as much as I used to. Just as well. My body would be in bits if I did.

Two weeks ago, I sketched at the Kilmainham Hospital. I got so absorbed in the what I was doing that I didn't get up for at least an hour. And when I tried to move, my back was so stiff it took me a good while to uncurl!

Much better now, but it's still there. So I think I will do a little bit of yoga tonight. If you're looking for free yoga videos on the Internet, I found that Yoga With Adriene is brilliant! It's actually got me to start practising yoga at home. Something I rarely did before! OK, I'm not doing an hour a day, far from it, but 10 minutes here, 15 minutes there is a start! Most of the videos on Yoga with Adriene are around the 20-minute mark, but there are some shorter ones. I just saw a 5-minute morning yoga that I must try!


No comments:

Post a Comment