Saturday, October 07, 2017

Trees on the Hill

My multiple art personalities are accompanied by obsessive tendencies. That's the only way I feel I can explore and develop what I want to paint. Very often, I come back to the first piece I painted and feel that it was better than the following 3 or 4. But in this case, I quite like the final work in the set.

I abandoned the ink experiment, but kept indigo, red madder dark and helio turquoise in my palette, with some variations.
I was very much in charge of the paint on my brush this time, still using the Japanese brushes (both from Rosemary & Co for the large one and a few smaller ones picked up in Japan the last time we were there) and I pushed and nudged the paint to help it do what watercolour does best.

This is called Trees on the Hill (it's about A3 in size)



No comments:

Post a Comment