Saturday, October 03, 2026

Sketching on Meath Street

Another beautiful sunny Sunday afternoon - third Sunday in September - we're lucky with the weather. One of my favourite areas of the city, Meath Street. Still feels very much like the Dublin I came to forty years ago (October 1986!!). Yet, we can see with the work on the footpaths that it's in the process of being gentrified. Even the pub we went to, Lucky's, is more of a cool place than a neighbourhood Dublin pub. Thankfully very few tourists in this area still. I started with this tall house that I had noticed a few months ago, on my way back from Nuala Clarke's workshop nearby. I often know straight away what I want to sketch, and this was it. When I was done, I wandered about for a bit, and I was attracted to the chaos of the work in progress on the footpath. Two very different sketches. PS: loving the Tombow lavender marker for shadows. Must check what number it is so I can order it again.





No comments:

Post a Comment