Tuesday, September 08, 2026

Wolfe Tone Square

You know summer is over when you're sketching outdoors and you have to grab your sketchbook and gear in a hurry when it starts raining out of nowhere! We were on Wolfe Tone square, always an interesting location, looking towards the dome at Penneys. Thankfully, I had done my ink sketch by the time the rain came - I would have liked to add more detail on the wall in the middle but I didn't have time, plus it's a pretty bland wall anyway. We took shelter in the Church pub, where we had the opposite view of the square, which I ignored completely, as the people hanging out under the tree were much more interesting. I finished that sketch on location. And when I got home, I added colour to the one with the dome. And I got to practise drawing a bicycle, as the chap was standing there chatting to someone for ages, with one leg on the ground and the other leg on the pedal.




No comments:

Post a Comment