Lovely Sunday afternoon on the campus of the university at Grangegorman. Very quiet on a Sunday, but I've grown to like the place in the few years we've been going there. It's handy for me, being on the Green Luas line (tram). I had prepared two spreads in my sketchbook, one with Japanese papers and one with acrylic. It's the theme for the month of September with Liz Steel's community on Patreon. She's always coming up with great ideas to push us beyond our comfort zone!
The house on the blue and white page got barely drawn and one side of acrylic marker on location. Added more acrylic marker when I got home. The tree was done fully on location. Someone commented that the dots on the tree reminded them of Yayoi Kusama. I was delighted some noticed!!
Next time we go to that area, I think I will focus around the area of the Barber's Bar. It's a lovely little junction with interesting houses. And the pub itself is very nice.





No comments:
Post a Comment