Monday, April 01, 2024

Mark-making. And something burgeoning - it is Spring after all

Art, like emotions, never stays still. It comes and goes, up and down. I was watching an Art Tribe video yesterday, and I was really inspired by what Louise Fletcher and Sally-Anne Ashley were talking about. The subject was experimental drawing, but what caught my attention was really the bit about external validation versus authentic expression. And how freeing our art can free other things in our lives. So, picked up random art tools and scribbled away.
Some of the scribbles are completely abstract, others were done in blind drawing while looking at Spring vegetation popping up (from the warmth and comfort of my car), and the final one while listening to Lady Gaga on my Spotify. Was it "Always remember us this way"?. Now I'm not sure. But I felt good after making those marks. That's all that matters!












 

No comments:

Post a Comment