Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Hong Kong in virtual sketch

More virtual travel and sketch. While we can't have the real thing. 

I pottered around Google Maps, inspired by Virtual Sketch Leicester, who were going to Hong Kong. I looked through some photos I had, but my photos never seem to be very good as a reference. But I found this "Olympian City" on Google Maps and I loved the shapes and movement. As I still had to do my final assignment for Maru Godas's Domestika class, this was the perfect subject, as I wanted to explore distorted views. What a revelation it was! I could fit all of these skyscrapers on my landscape sketchbook page. And those that didn't fit, it didn't matter! It turned out to be more work than I thought, but playing in gouache and pencil, and a few markers, was great fun in the end. 





No comments:

Post a Comment