Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Airplane movies

I'm struggling to catch up with my blogging, I have to admit. I would like to talk about the holiday, and all the lovely things we experienced, the wonderful foods we ate. But it seems so far away already. So I'll start here.

We don't go to the movies very often. With Netflix, I rarely feel the need. But it's hard to beat a good movie. These 4 that we watched on our various flights were brilliant!
  • The Shape of Water - an atmospheric love story, set in the cold war, with a fantastic watery element to it. Loved it.
  • Isle of Dogs - an animated fantasy movie set in Japan. The premise is that all dogs are banished to an island and have to fend for themselves. A young boy comes looking for his dog. Full of adventure and humour!
  • Three Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri - a heart-wrenching story of a mother whose daughter was raped, tortured and killed. Months after the murder, the police are no closer to solving the mystery. Amazing performance by Frances McDormand
  • Au poste - a weirdly funny French movie about a police interview that goes wrong. 


No comments:

Post a Comment