Thursday, September 20, 2018

Life Drawing - Deirdre - charcoal

It was lovely to have Deirdre, as our model for last Friday's life drawing session at Block T. She's very warm and funny, and I really wanted to try to capture something of her personality in these sketches. The extra challenge, though, is that she used props - big ostrich feather fans, and crazy high heels. For some of the 1-minute sketches, I couldn't even see half of her body! Normally, the 1-minute sketches are a warmup so you can become familiar with the overall shape in front of your eyes. But I felt I was playing catchup from the get-go. It was intense! But fun.

Here are the 1-minute poses first:






 Then a few 5-minutes - with and without heels:


Amazing how heels alter my perception of her body.
And then a few 10-minutes (after that I moved to watercolours - patience - that will be my next post):

Note the super high platform shoes, with no heels. I don't think it's possible to walk in these


No comments:

Post a Comment