Thursday, December 07, 2006

The Constant Princess

A few months back, I told you all about "The Other Boleyn Girl", a book by Philippa Gregory, which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Well, I've just finished "The Constant Princess", which tells the story of Katherine of Aragon, Henry VIII's first wife. I enjoyed it too, and probably will read on a few more Philippa Gregory books (she has a new one out - more Henry VIII stories!). I found the end of the book a bit disappointing - it kind of fizzles out. I suppose I already knew the end of the story, having read the other book, but I feel the author rushed through the end of the story a bit too much for my taste.

On the other hand, the early chapters are lovely - if you've been to Granada and the Alhambra, you'll enjoy her description of Katherine's early life there, and the sense of how special the Alhambra is.

(Note: when you click on the link for "The Constant Princess" book on Philippa Gregory's website, you may find that it brings you to another book, "The Virgin's Lover". Hopefully her website designers will soon fix this bad link!)

(Another note: I was finally able to upload a picture onto Blogger from my Mac, so the engineers at Google must have fixed that bug! Good on them!)

No comments:

Post a Comment