Dublin Sketchers are running extra sketching evenings during the summer months. I was away a lot so this was my first time being able to join them. Trinity College is such a perfect location to sketch that it's become our base for Tuesday evening sketching, even when the weather doesn't cooperate. Yes, after weeks of drought, we got our first rain last Tuesday evening (4th August), and it felt so good, so full of joy, even if it ruined my sketch - ink and watercolour going everywhere - we were sitting under an umbrella at the Pav, but every so often, water would drop down from the umbrella. It was challenging. It felt good to be alive, though.
For the view in the distance, I did the pen drawing on location and added colour at home. It took so long for the other page to dry that I just had to wait.
Thank you Sara for the photo!




No comments:
Post a Comment