Friday, July 04, 2025

Neoart vs Neopastel

Trying Neoart (by Caran d'Ache), a "wax oil pastel". It will be interesting to compare it to my oil pastels. On first impression, the oil pastels I have (Neopastel, also a Caran d'Ache product - somehow I can't find any trace of me swatching the colours) glide so much better. But Neoart sticks might be a good option for my sketchbooks, where they might not transfer as much as Neocolor 2. I haven't done proper testing yet. Do I ever do proper testing?



2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:34 pm

    I am confused no matter how much I read or videos I see. My 24 set of neopastel,as it says on the box, say wax and oil pastels on the lid. Everyone says there are 2 different ones. People show neopastels and Neoart and they are different. Is my box an error? My sticks are round, not 6 or 8 sides. Someone please clarify.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if they are round sticks and glide like butter on paper, and they transfer if you rub the marks, they are probably neopastels.I find the Neoarts don't glide so easily.

      Delete