Monday, February 10, 2020

The Marker hotel

Another indoor location with Dublin Sketchers. This time, I was more inspired. The sun was shining, the area was vibrant, and let's face it, the scones alone were worth it! The staff at the Marker hotel made us feel very welcome and we happily sketched in their foyer. I was struggling with getting an overall view, so I did several sketches, and I feel I managed to convey a sense of the place. I had painted a splash of watercolour on the page the day before, inspired by a Jordi Fornies painting that had pride of place over the reception area when the hotel first opened. And you know what? I forgot to check if it's still there!! But it was a great way to start a page!
After I was finished my two main sketches, I drew some of the people at tables nearby, and the ceiling! But I was getting tired, and I was rushing to something else, so, not my best effort!!







No comments:

Post a Comment