Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Life Drawing - Lexy

For this life drawing session, I worked in charcoal on big paper, standing up. Looking back at the last few weeks, when I was drawing while sitting down, I noticed some significant distortion in body proportions due to my position relative to the model - large upper torso versus short legs. So I felt I had to go back to standing at the easel. Now mind you, when it came to watercolour, I decided to sit, as the setup in the current studio doesn't really allow me to stand - the chairs are too low to lean a board on, plus they swivel!
Our model this week was Lexy. A beautiful tall young lady. I found it hard to do justice to her long limbs!

 The last pose of the night. With a prop. Sort of.

 Pencil. Got proportions completely wrong.

Sailor Fude and watercolour. I got into difficulty with the lower legs, too narrow, a bit short. But I like the tones I managed to achieve with the watercolour.

And here are a few of the charcoal shorter poses.







No comments:

Post a Comment