Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Cold remedies

I hate having a cold. I hate it even more in the summer! It's not fair! I get the feeling I'm going to be coughing for weeks, despite deploying all my cold remedies! And since the coughing happens mostly at night, I feel wrecked. Here is what I've been throwing at it so far:

  1. raw grated garlic (in a salad with tomatoes and a dash of rapeseed oil - actually quite nice, if socially awkward)
  2. baked garlic
  3. Difflam throat spray and gargle
  4. expectorant syrup
  5. paracetamol
  6. vitamin C
  7. Pineapple juice
  8. Lots of rest
  9. A few episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and Star Trek the Next Generation
  10. Drops of lavender oil
  11. hot water with
  12. grated ginger 
  13. lemon juice
  14. manuka honey
  15. cloves
Anything else I could try to shake this off?

Two things to add to the list:

  1. A friend of mine recommended grated raw garlic and turmeric simmered in milk. I haven't tried it, but it sounds so awful it must be good!
  2. I just got a new cough syrup from the pharmacy: Bronchostop, and it already seems to be helping. It's based on natural ingredients, thyme and marshmallow root, which I like, and it works for all kinds of coughs, which is perfect for me. Productive cough during the day and tickly cough at nightime! I'm still feeling worn out, but once I can control the cough, I will regain my energy in no time!




No comments:

Post a Comment