Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Dublin Sketchers - Olivier Cornet Gallery

I had a fantastic time last Sunday week, sketching at the Olivier Cornet Gallery! Dublin Sketchers had been kindly invited to sketch in this wonderful gallery, and Olivier had also secured the beautiful "blue room" on the first floor for us to spread out and sketch (or in my case, splash out).


The door from the inside. I started measuring, then I lost patience with it all and ditched my pencil and moved to ink. Proportions might not be 100%, but it looks like a door!

Flowers in the blue room. After the previous sketch, I needed to paint something looser. A big pink bouquet in a green vase was the perfect choice for me at that point. And it didn't matter that I ran out of space - I just continued onto the facing page.



No comments:

Post a Comment