Saturday, September 15, 2007

Monsoon

Another hectic week in PC Medic. There are a lot of broken computers out there, in need of repair (or scrapping in some cases), a lot of printers to be set up, a lot of wireless connections to be re-established! The days have been flying by, and, needless to say, the hen is not getting painted at all.

Last Saturday, we decided we needed a break, and we went to the Monsoon restaurant in Stillorgan for our evening meal. The Monsoon doesn't look like much from the outside. Actually, I had always thought it was just an Indian take-away. But Padraig and Mary informed us that it was actually a sister restaurant to the Indian Summer, and that it offered excellent food. The menu is not as extensive, and the restaurant itself is not as glamorous. But we were very pleasantly surprised. The starter platter was different enough from the Indian Summer one, and my Goan prawn curry was delicious.

- I would not make a very good food writer for the papers: I don't have the vocabulary to describe food and flavours (just like most of our customers don't have the vocabulary to describe what's wrong with their computer). And you know the way the reviewers in the newspapers always describe every dish that their partner had, with a pertinent comment about how it tasted? Not me. I can't do that. I have no idea what Brendan had, let alone what it tasted like. I vaguely remember that it wasn't as hot as he would have liked it to be, but it was very tasty all the same. There you go, that's all I can say! -

Anyways, all that to say we had a lovely evening, and it was a good excuse for me to dress up a bit. Actually, now that I think of it, I must organise a few more PC Medic tee-shirts. The ironed-on print on my white tee-shirts is looking a bit faded, and my black embroidered ones are not as black as they used to be. But where will I find the time?

PS: don't forget that the Indian Summer food festival is on, with a special evening on Wednesday nights in September and October. (I should get a commission from them, shouldn't I?!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment